Sunday, August 14, 2011

nostalgia



there is something achingly sweet to me about salt water taffy, and i'm not just talking about the taste. when i think of salt water taffy it reminds me of my childhood and my family. for so many years my family and i would take a trip to san francisco around the holidays to see the huge tree in union square, we would wander around the financial district to look in the giant floor to ceiling windows of the banks to see their glittering trees, and end the evening at fisherman's wharf where we would each get a bag of taffy to munch on while we watched the sea lions. these are some of my favorite memories and now whenever i eat salt water taffy, i am reminded of them. i love that i have these moments in my life where something so simple can transport me in such a way. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment