Monday, August 1, 2011

lucky me


so here's the thing, i have been thinking about this for awhile now, but i truly have been gifted with the most incredible people to surround my world.

this morning i talked to my best friend, b, who lives painfully far away, quite a bit. this lady is the universe's way of making all things good (we think the gods are rewarding us by introducing us to one another and you know what? we are right). she is a gorgeous being who not only lets me yell atrocious things on her voicemail, but also can understand every single thing in my head with just a look (and this is no small feat).

last night i got to talk to one of my heartmates for 2 (yep) hours while she was in malaysia watching a monkey (bob the bra stealing monkey) in her tree. this woman is one of the bravest and most incredible people i know and if i had an ounce of the courage and strength that she has, i would count myself lucky!

over the weekend i got to continue the melding of myself and my other bf, k, while we lounged around and basically let life continue on without bothering us. she is one of the most vital aspects to my world and there are no words to describe how she makes all things better. without her, nothing makes sense.

i also was blessed with the invitation to watch the sweetest person in the world marry the second sweetest person in the world and hear what will go down in history as the greatest best-man and maid of honor speeches ever known. "thank you for falling in love with my sister...." are you kidding me?!?!?! how could that possibly be any more heart wrenching in the best possible way?

not to mention that i was able to spend more time with my parents, whom are the center of my world/life/being.

and at the end, i got to come home to an amazing man who makes me, well...me.

all these people (AND SO MANY MORE) make my everyday world feel brighter, sweeter, more genuine and without them, my heart would never make it. so to them, and to the rest of you, i love you to the deepest parts of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment