you get the idea - this is just damn good. it's no revolutionary recipe or anything and most people i know already love/make/eat it but i found a delicious recipe for zucchini bread that i wanted to share.
this bad boy yields 2 loaves - perfect for freezing one (or taking it out of the freezer the very next morning to eat because you already inhaled the first loaf).
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil - NOTE: NO OIL!!! INSTEAD USE APPLESAUCE IN A STRAIGHT SWAP. 1 CUP APPLESAUCE
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.